We are looking for art that celebrates fandom in all its glory for our upcoming exhibition at the Big Top. Submit your best pop culture mash-ups and let your inner nerd shine. This Call for Entries is OPEN to ALL artists working in ANY medium, including video. Enter your masterpiece now and be a part of the greatest art show in the Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy.
This show will be juried by the Overlords of Chewbacchus and the Board of the Big Top.
There are FABULOUS Wookiee-centric prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners (as well as a People’s Choice award) provided by our good friends at Think Geek!
• Theme: Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror/
• Art must be ready to hang
• All work must be For Sale: Artist will receive 50% of all sales, 40% will go to the Big Top Gallery, 10% will go to Chewbacchus - Please factor this into your pricing
• All work must be relatively kid friendly
• Sculpture must be wall mounted or ready to hang from ceiling – NO freestanding work
• Video submissions can be no longer than 15 minutes
• $5 entry fee per entry. YOU CAN PAY YOUR ENTRY FEE VIA THE CHEWBACCHUS STORE.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Send the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Email up to 2 images per entry in JPEG format
• Post Video Entries on YouTube and email us the link for consideration
• Artist Name
• Title of Work
• Retail Price
• Forward a copy of your receipt from Paypal showing your paid entry fee ($5 per entry)
ENTRY FEES: must be paid via the Chewbacchus Store or can be sent via PayPal to: email@example.com by the submission deadline, June 14, 2013.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, June 14th, 2013 @ Midnight
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, July 13th, 2013
CLOSING RECEPTION: Saturday, July 27th, 2013
For more information about this Open Call & the Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus, LLC. contact:
Kirah Haubrich – Overlord Di Lithium Crystal Hot Sauce
For information on the Big Top NOLA contact:
Nicole Brant-Zawadzki: – Executive Director