Chewbacchus (like all advanced alien entities) evolves rapidly… we are always working on initiatives to make the Krewe even MORE amazing.
There are lots of ways to get involved with the Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus. There are hundreds of unaffiliated individuals who simply pay their $42 dues each year, show up, and march in the parade… and thats totally cool. But its also possible for YOU to go WAY bigger.
We have several “officially” sanctioned groups who are part of the Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus. Some of these groups are totally independent and highly functional, but we also have lots of VERY loosely organized parade contingents and sorta-semi-autonomous groups who develop group costumes and build their own contraptions to roll in the Chewbacchus Parade.
There are even a couple ways to be a part of the fun for FREE.
- We are always looking for fresh meat for our Parade Escort Team, the Redshirt Rebellion.
- Photographers and Videographers who join the Pixel Squadron get total access to Chewbacchus events that they document.
LIST OF CHEWBACCHUS PARADE GROUPS
- Krewe of the Living Dead (K.O.L.D.)
- Mystic Krewe of P.U.E.W.C.
- Krewe of Really Awesome Parodies (K.R.A.P.)
- Krewe du Who
- Ladies of Star Trek (L.o.S.T.)
- Mighty Wookiee Fi-Yo
- VaJar Jar Binks and the Scruffy Looking Nerf Herders Dance Team
- Society of Merry Makers
- Krewe of Python (No Relation)
- Party Elves of Mirkwood
- So Cal Nerf Herders
- Krewe of NorCal ChewbacchanALIENS (K.o.N.C.C.)
- Kaiju Flamebeaux Corps
- Spare Parts Express
- Alien Stripper Pole
- Krewe B.A.K.A.
- Brown Coat Brass Band
- The Rolling Elliots
- Men (and Women AND Aliens) in Black
- The Leijorettes
If you have your OWN idea for a sub-krewe/mini-contingent/group theme… there is a good chance that the Overlords of Chewbacchus will embrace your idea whole heartedly and support your endeavor in every way.
Please make sure that you check-in and coordinate all themed groups, parade contraptions and musical/noise acts with the Parade Mistress so we can place you in the parade lineup effectively.