IMPORTANT PARADE DATES AND DEADLINES
- Membership can now only be done in person: See the banner at the top of the page for more info
- Wristband Pickup: Wristbands can be picked up at Castillo Blanco Tuesday February 14 from 2-9 pm. Wednesday February 25 2-9 pm. Thursday February 16 2-9 pm and parade day at the starting point of the line up, from 1 pm until 1 hour before roll. NO PICK UP ON FRIDAY
- Parade Day Lineup Begins: Lineup on Press Street on Parade Day starting as early as 12noon
- After the parade: Contraptions may be parked overnight in the fenced side lot next to Chaude’s Nail Salon. DO NOT BRING ANY CONTRAPTIONS INTO CASTILLO BLANCO or into Back Lot of CB during the Chewbacchanal. ALL Contraptions must be picked up from the side lot by 7pm on Sunday Feb 19.
OTHER NOTES: Bring plenty of snacks and some non-alcoholic beverages. The Line-up Party is super-fun but you don’t want to get hammered before we roll or you won’t make it to the end. There will be food trucks at the KDV den during Lineup if you forget your snacks but better to be prepared! The food trucks will move to Castillo Blanco after we roll so that you can buy food at the Chewbacchanal.
PLEASE: NO GLASS OF ANY KIND on the Parade route!
LEAVE NO TRACE: We work hard to be a “Leave No Trace” Parade. Please police your own trash. Bring a bag for your cans, wrappers, malfunctioning costume parts, etc and help us be the cleanest, greenest Parade in the galaxy.
The Revel Alliance will begin shortly….
The Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus Inc. 501(c)3 presents its 7th annual Carnival Parade on February 18th, 2017 with the theme: The Revel Alliance. Chewbacchus has grown from a scrappy band of a couple hundred Science Fiction lovers into a walking super krewe of a couple thousand enthusiastic freaks and geeks representing the vast spectrum of pop culture fandom. The 2017 parade will be made up of over 200 sub-krewes and groups who enthusiastically parody and lovingly satirize everything from “Star Wars” to “Lord of the Rings” to “Monty Python” and beyond. All of these groups march in a wondrous display of organized chaos each year under the glorious banner of the Sacred Drunken Wookiee, making the Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus a magnificent “Revel Alliance”!
Chewbacchus is proud to announce our 2017 Royalty…
Ross Marquand, the actor who plays Aaron on “The Walking Dead” will join us as the King of the Revel Alliance.
The Chewbacchanal is an interstellar party of epic proportions held at the Krewe’s Den, Castillo Blanco Art Studios at 4321 Saint Claude Avenue and will feature:
- Morning 40 Federation
- Captain Midnight Band
- Pink Slip
- Brown Coat Brass
- Dead Music Capital Band
- Tristan Dufrene and Friends
Parade Rolls at 7pm on an all new streamlined route through the Marigny & Bywater. The Chewbacchanal is FREE to Krewe members and open to the general public. $15 at the door for Muggles and $10 at the door for those in costume.
FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/194603480973236/
ALL HAIL OUR SACRED DRUNKEN WOOKIEE! BOW TO THE Revel Alliance!