Become an Ordained ChewbacchanALIEN Minister in the Cult of the Sacred Drunken Wookiee!

Become an Ordained ChewbacchanALIEN Minister in the Cult of the Sacred Drunken Wookiee

It’s official. The Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus is NOT just a Science Fiction themed Mardi Gras Parade Organization… We are also a satirical Space Cult! We celebrate a timeless form of divine revelry. Our ritual is to parade thru the streets of New Orleans each Carnival Season dispensing the blessings of the Sacred Drunken Wookiee!

For just $42 you can become an Ordained Minister in the Cult of the Sacred Drunken Wookiee!

Your ordination package includes:

  • An official ChewbacchanALIEN Ministers Card
  • Credentials of Ministry
  • Certification as a Wedding Officiant
  • Chewbacchus Marriage Certificate
  • Letter of Good Standing in the Space Cult

You will be added to the roster of Ordained ChewbacchanALIEN Ministers and invited to march in the pseudo-religious procession at the front of the 2015 Chewbacchus Parade in celebration of our all new muti-armed Sacred Drunken Wookiee Golden Effigy! Your Chewbacchus ordination materials will enable you to preside over legal marriage ceremonies and other religious rituals. The Ordination Process to Become a ChewbacchanALIEN Minister is open to anyone.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: Minister Ordainment is completely separate from your Krewe dues. Ordainment is good for LIFE. You must still pay your $42 dues each and every year you want to roll in the Chewbacchus Parade, including the year you become an Ordained ChewbacchanALIEN Minister.

Ready to join our Satirical Space Cult?

Answer a question that demonstrates your knowledge of our Cult. You will be redirected to the purchase page for the Ordination Package after successfully answering the question and agreeing to the terms.

Production time on Ordination Packages is approx 10 business days. You’ll receive your goodies in the mail via USPS.

As an Ordained Minister in the Cult of the Sacred Drunken Wookie, you can also become a Marriage Officiant!

1. Fill out a copy of the Orleans Parish Marriage Officiant Application and get it notarized.

For more information on the process of registering as a marriage officiant please visit the website of the Louisiana Department of Health and Human Services.

2. Register as a religious officiant by submitting all of these materials, along with a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (for the return of you ordination documents) to:

The Office of the State Registrar of Vital Records
1450 Poydras Street, Suite 400
New Orleans, LA 70112

If you reside outside of the City of New Orleans, please check with your local authorities to determine your regional requirements. They may vary slightly state to state but are typically very similar to the requirements outlined above.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email